Thursday, March 17, 2016

Curb-side Dropoffs

Sometimes it takes a while for me to work up enough venom to post a big rant on any one topic.  And sometimes there are a whole lot of little things annoying me, but none of them are enough to get a blog post of their own.  What a dilemma. 

So, it's the first ever installment of Curb-Side Dropoffs.  The quick-hitters.  The passengers I barely hit the emergency brake for before shoving them onto their front lawns.  Here goes:


  • Every time I turn my tv on, I have to see an ad for some company advertising their "March Madness" event.  Are you kidding me?  Is that the best you can do?  This shouldn't be allowed for any organization that doesn't host college basketball. 
  • Hey, Kim:  If you want to post a nude selfie on your social media, go ahead.  But don't try to pass it along as doing it because you're #LIBERATED.  You're doing it because you're a shameless, untalented, attention whore.  (And I mean no disrespect to ACTUAL whores with that comment.  At least they do something to earn their money.)
  • Speaking of shameless attention whores.  Here's a question for all you Donald Trump voters:  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
  • I'm not a comic book geek, and I don't care about superheroes.  That's a function of the fact that my age has more than one digit.  So why the hell would Superman and Batman be fighting each other?  They're both good guys.  Even the WWE has a hard time pulling off Face vs Face matchups. 
  • I've read articles online that say John Stamos has been begging the Olsen Twins to show up for season 2 of "Fuller House," the "Full House" reboot.  Here's my question:  Why do they need both of them?  (And if you don't understand that question, hop on, and thanks for riding ShortBus.)
  • A 21-year-old undergrad from U of Virginia was hanging around in North Korea, and attempted to steal a propaganda banner from his hotel.  He was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor in prison.  That may be a ridiculous punishment, but it begs the question -- what kind of moron tries something like that in North Freakin' Korea?  I hope they get him out, but wait until after the election.  That kind of nonsense could only come from a Trump voter.
  • Why do we have daylight savings time start on a Sunday night?  Why can't we do it Thursday afternoon so we can all leave work an hour earlier and go watch basketball?
  • For the Christians:  What the hell does Jesus rising from the dead have to do with colored hard-boiled eggs?  I've never even heard someone try to explain that one.  Whatever.  Let's just make sure we have some rainbow-colored ones to piss off the Republicans.  And some orange ones to make fun of Trump's hair.
  • Here's a driving tip to the people in my town:  When you're going slower than the speed limit, and there's no one in front of you, put your right foot down.  And to any Asian women who might be reading this, an additional clue:  Reft rane fast, right rane srow.


No comments:

Post a Comment